- All visitors to Ghana must be in possession of a valid passport or legal travel documents.
- All visitors entering Ghana must have valid entry visas or in the case of Commonwealth nationals, entry permits, issued by a Ghana Diplomatic Mission or Consulate abroad or any other visa issuing authority mandated by the Ghana Government to act on its behalf. (ECOWAS nationals and those of other countries with which the Government of Ghana has specific bilateral agreements, are exempted).
- Visas may be granted to personnel of international organisations and visitors to Ghana for tourism, study, business or transit.
- The visa may be granted for Single or Multiple Entry.
- Journalists and or film crew wishing to cover an event or shoot a film in Ghana, shall complete another form to indicate the nature of coverage and equipment to be taken to Ghana. It takes two (2) weeks to process such application. In addition such applicant, upon arrival in Ghana shall call at the Information Services Department for accreditation.
Multiple Entry visa endorsed for six (6) months, for example, means the applicant is granted unlimited entries into Ghana within six months of the date of issue of the visa. It does not entitle the applicant to enter and remain in Ghana for six months. On each entry into Ghana, the period of permitted stay in Ghana will be endorsed by Ghana Immigration at the point of entry.
Sundays - Wednesdays: 10.00 – 14.00 hrs.
The Visa Section is closed on Thursday and on all Public holidays in Ghana and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA APPLICANTS
a) Fully completed in CAPITAL LETTERS in English
b) Two (2) recent passport size photographs (taken not more than three (3) to the time of application).
c) A return ticket or a flight confirmation print-out from an acknowledged Travel Agency.
- All visa applicants must submit No Objection Letter from their Company.
- Business visa(s) must have invitation letter from Ghana.
- Tourist visa(s) must have hotel booking from Ghana.
- Should be of UAE nationality or be officially resident in the UAE.
- Should have a valid passport with expiry date of at least six (6) months from the date of application for visa.
- Should submit – one set of Application Forms (In Duplicate).
- Should submit their Original passport.
- Photocopy of passport page and U.A.E resident visa page.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE FORMS AND INCORRECT INFORMATION WILL RENDER VOID, YOUR APPLICATION FOR PERMIT/VISA. AND ONLY DULY COMPLETED TYPED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Application for Business Visa must attach a letter written in English from the applicant's firm guaranteeing his/her stay in Ghana and stating the reasons for the visit. Requirement (7) on the application form must contain Names and Addresses and telephone numbers of Business Associates and their Companies as references in Ghana. A hotel may be used only as a second reference. The Consular Officer reserves the right to demand a letter of guarantee from business associates in Ghana
VISITORS / TOURIST VISAS
Visitors must possess a valid return or connecting flight ticket. Names and addresses of two references are required, one of which can be the Hotel where you will be lodging. Applications for extension of stay of visitors' permit must be made to the Director of Ghana Immigration Service for consideration. Persons who enter the country as visitors are not permitted to take up employment even if there happens to be a vacancy on the Immigrant Quota of a prospective employer.
Should be accompanied by a letter written in English, from a College Administrator or your Professor; stating the reasons for your visit and your financial means whilst in Ghana. You should provide a Letter of Acceptance from the Institution to which you will be attached to during your training in Ghana. Please use the name and address of the Institution in Ghana as your reference in Ghana.
Prospective employees may be engaged in employment within the authorized immigrant quota. Applicants must provide evidence of an Employment Contract, and proof of grant of Employment quota in Ghana. Two references are required, one of which should be the company or organisation you will be working for whilst in Ghana.
VISA BY COURIER
Visa applications by courier will be accepted and processed. It is the responsibility of applicants to make arrangements for the collection of their passports.
VISA APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms can be found on the website of the Consulate in Dubai (UAE), completed and printed out. This should be submitted to the Consular Section, Consulate- General of the Republic of Ghana at the following address:
Villa 11, 36ST, Jaffilliya,
Click for VISA FORMS (complete and print for submission)